    receiving a good signal. Neither workstations can connect to the internet.
    My WEP settings are disabled on both ends. Could there be a conflict between
    Windows Wireless Network and the Microsoft Broadband Network?

    Guest, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    It is hard to understand how to whole thing is connected? Two Modem?

    A typical Home Network Sharing the Internet should look like this:
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    Hopefully you have one computer that is connected to the base station with a wire.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire

    Seeing signal in the Wireless configuration application, or reading somewhere in the
    system that you are connected does not mean that you actually have a functional Wireless
    Network.

    A simple way to ascertain that you have a connection is to try to use the Internet
    Browser in a Wireless Client to find out if you can connect to the Router's (Access
    Point) web menus (see your hardware manual for the Router's IP Address log in and
    password).

    Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jul 6, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Jack, thanks for the quick response. I'll clarify the situatin then go back
    and review the links you sent to try them out. I have a microsoft wireless
    mn-500 base station connected to my broadband modem. I have an mn-510
    wireless usb modem on a computer in another room. According to the Broadband
    Network software, it mn-510 is receiving a good signal and shows the
    connection to my base. I can open the basestation management tool, but I
    cannot access any pages on the internet. Does that help clear up my set up?

    Thanks again.
    Bob

    Guest, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    The confusion stems from you referring to your Wireless Client card (mn-510) as a Modem.
    Your system consist of; Broad Band Modem, Wireless Cable/DSl Router and Wireless Client
    (mn-510).
    The links in my above post should help you to solve the problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jul 7, 2005