    Any advice will be greatly received.
    Cheers
    Lenny

    lenny, Jul 22, 2005

  2. lenny

    Andrew C Guest

    in the ad hoc wireless networking mode you can share the modem with your
    desktop, but you need a wireless adapter in the desktop first

    Andrew C, Jul 22, 2005

  3. lenny

    lenny Guest

    what do you mean by ad hoc mode?

    lenny, Jul 22, 2005
  4. lenny

    Andrew C Guest

    when you create your network you will probably understand it better, but
    bassically it is a computer to computer network that works without a router,
    that is mainly used to share files but you can also share connections over
    that type of network.

    Andrew C, Jul 22, 2005
  5. lenny

    Malke Guest

    Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a
    Router - MVP Barb Bowman
    http://tinyurl.com/2zkon (link for above)

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Linksys networking information (you don't need to use Linksys hardware,
    of course; this site has good layout pictures)
    http://www.linksys.com/edu/

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 22, 2005
  6. lenny

    lenny Guest

    thanks,
    What are your thoughts on the type of wireless card to use or the usb
    wireless dongles that are available at the moment.

    I use PCI cards on other computers that I have set up but am thinking about
    the ease of USB.

    lenny, Jul 22, 2005
  7. lenny

    Malke Guest

    I don't have any first-hand experience with usb wireless cards since I
    only have wireless on the laptops. Check out Tom's Hardware for
    reviews, maybe look at dslreports.com and see if they have any
    suggestions in the user forums.

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 23, 2005