    internet cable. I would like to move the computer to an area
    in the house where the cable cannot be installed . Is there
    a wireless way that this can be accomplished .

    Andy Petro, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yes. You'd need a wireless router, and a wireless PC or ISA card for
    your desktop.

    Evan Platt, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Andy Petro

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Or a PCI card, or a USB wireless adapter...

    AnonyMouse, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yah, them too. PC should have been PCI in my original post.

    Evan Platt, Sep 21, 2006
  5. Andy Petro

    richard Guest

    Says who? The cable company?
    I've run cable extensions all over the house with no problems.
    All you need to know is how the wiring of your home gets from that location
    to the new location you want it in.
    If you don't want to do that, hide the cable along the wall somewhere.
    Length of the cable won't hurt performance any.

    richard, Sep 22, 2006
  6. Andy Petro

    richard Guest

    I'd use two SMC flash drives. No router needed. Just set them to "adhoc".

    richard, Sep 22, 2006
  7. richard enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:

    One of the "flash drives" squeezed into the ethernet socket of the
    broadband cable modem, or using the usb outlet and a self-soldered
    adapter?
    However, following your advice most certainly OPs friendly neighbors
    kids will never be able to (using a 3rd wifi stick) download all the
    nice warez from his IP ...

    Walter Mautner, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Andy Petro

    Barry OGrady Guest

    A single flash drive would do but it would mean physically moving the drive
    between computers.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page