    'services msc' - and start it manually everytime the PC is switched on.
    Everything is set to automatic as far as I can see. AOL say it's Belkin's
    problem, Belkin say it's HPs probelm. Any clues would be much appreciated!

    glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com, Sep 11, 2006

  2. glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

    Guest Guest

    How current is your driver for this device?

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006

  3. The driver will be the one supplied with the device on the CD - not sure on
    how old? The whole set up has been a nightmare, with the installations and
    configurations not going as described and needing support from both Belkin
    and AOL!

    glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com, Sep 11, 2006
  4. glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

    Guest Guest

    Are you also using a program that came with the card? If so, uninstall it
    and let Windows manage the connection. That third party program may be set
    to shut down WZC.
    --
    MCP (2K) Net+, A+
    Server-Networking MVP

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  5. Thank you. Is this easy to check and then arrange for Windows to manage it?
    Sorry if that sounds a dim question.

    glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com, Sep 11, 2006
  6. glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

    Guest Guest

    Simple. Since you don;t install the other program , WZC has to take over and
    run the connection.
    --
    MCP (2K) Net+, A+
    Server-Networking MVP

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  7. Thank you - I'll try this as soon as I can!

    glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com, Sep 11, 2006
  8. glyn012003 via WindowsKB.com

    Guest Guest

    I had exactly the same problem but using an orange livebox router instead. I
    have uninstalled all the software that came with the Belkin adaptor, but then
    when I plug the adaptor back into the pc it does not recognise the usb device
    and I do not get the option to search for wireless networks? Can anyone help
    here?

    Guest, Sep 15, 2006