Wireless Zero Configuration Service: Error 1068 - Nobody Had This One Yet!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Boris_yo, Sep 10, 2010.

  1. Boris_yo

    Boris_yo

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I did some research and think my problem is unique.

    When i bought my laptop, i was using Windows' XP default wireless service. Then after some time, i was having frequent disconnections which was probably caused by router 3com, but i thought there was problem with drivers of my Intel 3945BG Wireless Card. Thus i decided to install Intel PROset software to rectify the problem. Still disconnection problems were happening and then i decided to go back to original Wireless Zero configuration Service and uninstalled Intel PROset software.

    However after that uninstall, my Wireless Zero configuration Service stopped working. Everytime i start service it gives me Error 1068. So from this it appears as Intel PROset software wasn't completely removed? I tried uninstalling my wireless card's driver with no avail. In summary, i think Intel PROset software is conflicting with Wireless Zero configuration Service.

    The "Wireless Networks" tab doesn't appear when i click on properties on wireless connection and there is no way to tick checkbox "Use Windows To Configure My Wireless Network". I read that in order for the tab to be visible, i need to have "Wireless Configuration Service" started.

    I read somewhere that there is need to be registry changed in order for "Wireless Networks" tab to appear.

    I installed "Intel Pro Wireless" software again, but it didn't help. I told it not to use "Wireless Zero Service", but that didn't help. It seemed as the "Wireless Zero Service" was dead on disabled and nothing can be done...

    Boris_yo, Sep 10, 2010