Wireless Zero Configuration Memory Leak??

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have an Abit KT7A with an AMD Duron 750 CPU and I'm running XP Pro with
    SP1. I've got a problem where every couple days, it seems like it happens
    more frequently when I have heavy network usage, my computer hangs and
    requires a reboot. I've watched my Performance Monitoring and processes and a
    couple things I have questions on.

    ipodservice.exe has a high number of page faults. Normally it gets up to
    1,000,000 Page Faults before it reboots. Not sure if this causes it or not
    but I've been focusing on the other possible problem...

    wzcsldr.exe is always running even though I've stopped the service...is this
    normal? Also, the NP pool on this service always goes up to between 4-6000K
    before it hangs. Is this normal?? I have a DLink G520 wireless card and I
    have the DLink configuration utility installed to handle the wireless
    connection. Do I have some type of driver conflict??

    My VIA drivers, bios, and wireless cards all have the latest drivers on
    them. Some of my other peripherals may be a driver behind.

    Thanks for any help,
    Rick

    P.S. If both of these services is normal behaviour what would be my next
    troubleshooting steps for those that have had a lot of experience
    troubleshooting these types of problems.

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Pavel A., Jan 19, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    D-Link wireless PCI adapter related. In some cases reported to cause
    excessive CPU activity

    I found this entry at http://startup.iamnotageek.com/srch-WZCSLDR.exe.html
    as well as a few other sources. Seeing as how I have a dlink card I thought
    this process was valid...I'm doing a scan for viruses and spyware again but I
    thought this process was valid in terms of an operating system process.

    Guest, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Have you considered using windows to configure your adapter?

    You say you are using SP1 -Windows XPSP2 has an improved wireless
    experience, plus using XPSP2 is the only way to keep current on security
    updates.

    Vendor utilities might be necessary to get special functionality that only
    their own application can provide, but if that's not the case, you don't
    need the DLINK app.

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Jan 19, 2005