    %SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc /s. There is no Wireless Zero
    Configuration listing. It's just not on the list. Where is it and what can
    I do to restore this? Many thanks.

    Jim Wood, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 30, 2007

  3. Jim Wood

    Barb Bowman Guest

    use regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WZCSVC

    Add a DWORD entry named "Start" and set the value to "2"

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Nov 30, 2007
  4. Jim Wood

    Jim Wood Guest

    Thanks to you both! I'll give this a try. Actually, when I reloaded the
    software for the old USB adapter (D-Link), the WZC popped back onto the
    lists. I do want to use the other (Linksys/Cisco) adapter, however, as the
    D-Link ones seem to cause computers I've used them with to have startup and
    shutdown problems. I'll post back to the group if problems continue.

    Jim Wood, Nov 30, 2007
  5.
    Marianne Liebenberg, Sep 30, 2008
  6. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 1, 2008
  7. Jim Wood

    Psyblade Guest

    I don't have the Wireless Zero Config either. I am ignorant on the REGEDIT.
    The link below says if you are ignorant of regedit, you should be very
    careful. Exactly how should the lines read in regedit to get wireless zero
    config back on the list?

    Psyblade, Sep 7, 2009
  8. Jim Wood

    Psyblade Guest

    Here is link to article with instructions on how to install missing wireless
    zero config service.

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20040311.shtml

    This is what finally worked for us. Scroll down to the 17 steps. We got
    Wireless Zero Config back and the Dlink adapter was able to be reloaded from
    there and works great.

    Psyblade, Sep 9, 2009
  9.
    Smitty of FLVA, Sep 19, 2009
  10. I have the exact same problem created by my linksys/cisco router
    installation... now I can't find it, nor can I get online wireless via ANY
    means. Help Please!!!

    Spirit Healer, Jan 10, 2010
  11. Jim Wood

    EJ Guest

    Use Windows regedit, drill down.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WZCSVC

    Add a DWORD entry named "Start" and value "2".

    Source: http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

    EJ, Jan 12, 2010