    0
    Hi,
    I am using internet through Wirelessrouter. But I can't use the internet on my desktop computer because it doesn't have wireless adapter. So it is possible to connect my desktop to my laptop using Network Cable and use the internet? And actually i m using wireless from my neighbour and i have to pay. I think they use some IP controlling thing. So please help me. I want to use the internet on my desktop computer.:yell::yell::yell::yell::adore::adore::adore:

    dreamhunter11, Mar 24, 2011

  2. dreamhunter11

    sergy

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    What are OS's on host computer and client?

    sergy, Mar 24, 2011

  3. dreamhunter11

    dreamhunter11

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    OS of host and client

    Well I am using Windows VIsta Home basic on my laptop
    and XP (SP2) on my desktop computer
    for the router i think they are using Win 7

    dreamhunter11, Mar 25, 2011
  4. dreamhunter11

    sergy

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ok, try this.

    On Laptop. Go to Control Panel -> Network and sharing center -> (on the left) Set up connection or network. Go through steps (make sure you choose that vista laptop connects directly to the internet and other computer connect to the internet through this machine), might ask you to reboot. Do it.

    One Desktop. Go to Control panel -> Network connections -> (on the left) Set up a home or small office network. If it tells you that "network connection is disconnected" - check "ignore..." box below. Then "next" and choose "This computer connects to the internet through a residential gateway or another computer on my network". Follow what it tells you to do.

    My Vista machine doesn't have working "Windows Zero Configuration" so I can't recreate what you need, but idea is described above. Notice that if it won't connect - try to disable "windows firewall" on both machines. This shouldn't be an issue, but worth trying.

    If successful - let forum know.

    sergy, Mar 25, 2011