    the Intel A/B/G. Is this typical of wireless? I'm getting about 6mb on the
    hardwired desktop and about 3mb on the wireless laptop using speakeasy speed
    test from the same location.

    Greg, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Speakeasy gives ya the up and down values - but I guess you just didn't
    want to brag... That's very nice of you. Oh you did tell us! WOW, both are
    very *fast*! Run each of their target locations and you get some differing
    values, and if you're running a software firewall, if you'll shut that
    down, you'll perhaps get faster values as well.

    Yes! It's typical of wireless to be slower. Part of that is rooted in RTF
    issues, and the other part is rooted in your encryption (WEP) security if
    you're using that - I should say if you're *wisely* using that. It's worth
    it. Sometimes, even as you go out by the pool, over by the guest house, it
    will get slower yet because of the radio interference. Someone told me
    cigar smoke will screw it up too. I guess she wasn't smoking Cohibas.

    Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    If trees could scream,
    would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Greg

    Plato Guest

    My neighbor has wireless,but all the teens in their homes use it from
    their house. Protect your self

    Plato, Nov 23, 2006
  4. Greg

    Greg Guest