    Any help is sooo very appreciated!

    In desperation,
    Daniel

    D-Jazz, Nov 6, 2007

  2. D-Jazz

    Barb Bowman Guest

    do other settings become disabled? In any case, I would not take a
    chance and would consider replacing the router.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Nov 7, 2007

  3. D-Jazz

    D-Jazz Guest

    I haven't noticed of any other settings being disabled. Sometimes the
    wireless network name gets reset as well . . is there no other way to get
    this problem fixed? I've experienced it from the get-go. I just wish
    microsoft would be more supportive :( I really don't have the money to dish
    out for a new expensive router.

    Any help would be great.

    D-Jazz, Nov 9, 2007
  4. D-Jazz

    Barb Bowman Guest

    there were reports of this when the MN 700 router was new and fully
    supported. It was never clear if this was caused by power
    fluctuations or bad power supplies or something else, but the power
    theory was tossed around. MS replaced a few under warranty. But that
    was years ago. I don't remember what the issues were with the
    earlier MN 500. You don't need an expensive router to replace it.
    You can probably find something for $30-50 with the same features
    (and better performance).

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP