    signal sometimes causing web pages to load slowly and, for some, to time out.
    Are there any suggestions on how to handle this problem. I would be willing
    to upgrade my router.

    Guest, May 20, 2007

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 20, 2007

  3. Guest

    Jim Guest

    It is the distance from the router than can make a difference. My house is
    bigger than your office; however, my laptop is at least 25 feet from the
    router. Most of the time, the router signal is excellent, but in times of
    high humidity the laptop cannot connect to the router even when the laptop
    is in the same room (i. e. no more than 8 feet away).

    You can try installing higher gain antennas in addition to what Jack said.

    Jim

    Jim, May 20, 2007