wireless router setup with existing

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by mdsd77, May 2, 2008.

  1. mdsd77

    mdsd77

    Joined:
    May 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    san diego
    hello

    we have a club with an existing router hooked up.

    it is not wireless, and it also has an existing switch box hooked to the router
    (8 total computers hooked to them in all)

    what we want to do is add wireless to the club area, we have purchased the linksys wrt 300 n router

    can it just be hooked up the switch at the jukebox (its internet capable and has a switch box on top)

    or do I need to set it as the main router?

    I think we just want customers to be able to have access to the internet, problem is the existing router is way back in the building and I do not want to have to hook the wireless up way back there, that is if there is an alternative cheap option.

    way back means that the customers will not have access to waht we are tring to do.

    thanks alot for your help !

    MD

    mdsd77, May 2, 2008

  2. mdsd77