Wireless Router _ Switches

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by bin me, May 18, 2010.

  1. bin me

    bin me Guest

    Hi,
    Currently have a US robotics domestic product which has worked very well
    and reliably for about 5 years. I now need to update and include
    wireless connectivity. I am looking to order in about 1 months time.

    I need very good reliability and firewall protection above anything
    else. I also need at least 4 LAN ports (6 or more would be nice) as
    well as wireless connectivity, ADSL2 or higher for the modem and simple
    installation instructions, as I am not brilliant setting these things
    up.

    We do usual email/web/newsgroups etc, and VOIP (usually just 1
    occasional call, but absolute max would be 3 simultaneously). No gaming
    and very little movie downloads.

    Looked at Netgear DGN3500 (around 75 - 100 UKP), FVG318 (around 120UKP)
    and SRXN3205 (around 200 UKP).

    Anything else I should consider by way of products that meet spec?

    Am I missing a point or two with my spec?

    Thanks in advance for any replies.

    bin me, May 18, 2010

  2. bin me

    JD Guest

    Did you ever consider any health problems might
    occur from the EM waves
    that come from the wireless setup?

    I have a wired setup and would not consider wireless.

    JD, Jul 12, 2010

  3. bin me

    willjackson

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I understand that you are looking for a modem/wireless router basically it a adsl modem and wireless router all in one if you want to add wireless to your network i think this the device you need.

    willjackson, Jul 13, 2010
  4. bin me

    bin me Guest

    Did you ever consider any health problems might occur from the EM waves
    that come from the wireless setup?

    I have a wired setup and would not consider wireless.[/QUOTE]

    Not at the power levels and frequencies used. Wireless security is a
    different matter. Sorry about delay in reply, been on holiday.

    bin me, Jul 22, 2010