    signal. Is this easy to do and how much would it cost at a minimum ?
    Thanks,
    Raz

    The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV, Jan 7, 2008

  2. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    alt.internet.wireless

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 7, 2008

  3. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    jinxy Guest

    Have you looked for a high gain antenna for your router ? For many of
    the Linksys brand routers the antenna is about $75.00 cdn.
    -J

    jinxy, Jan 9, 2008
  4. Antenna aside,
    I think people use wireless access points. a wireless access point is
    a wireless (network) switch. A hub is like a repeater with many
    sockets (and maybe some logic to make sure the sender doesn't receive
    what he sends). A switch is like a hub but less wasteful. So
    therefore a switch does the job of a repeater.

    There are passive hubs, and prob passive switches. that do not boost.
    But I guess most would be active

    usb hubs take power from usb and do not use ACDC adaptors do not boost
    the signal. So if expecting a boost, then be suspicious of a wireless
    switches that takes power from usb and has no ACDC adaptor - if they
    exist! I do have a wired switch that takes power from usb.

    this post may not be that useful to you. but info is info

    jameshanley39, Jan 17, 2008