    router and everything there is working ok. My laptop still connects ok. Any
    ideas whats going on.
    I am running Windows XP Sp2.

    biglon, Dec 16, 2006

  2. biglon

    Jerry G. Guest

    I sounds like the computer networking is not getting a proper renewal of
    its IP through DHCP. You would have to check that your networking as all
    properly set up in its networking configurations. Your ISP should be
    able to help you with this.

    In Windows XP, at the system prompt, using the command IPCONFIG /RELEASE
    , and then IPCONFIG /RENEW would most likely be a temporary fix. If this
    works, this would be a very good proof that the fault is a question of
    the computer accepting the new IP update from your router or ISP. The
    term for this is sometimes referred to as IP Lease.

    --

    Jerry G.

    After I book up my connection to the internet works great for about a
    couple
    of hours. After that It says it cannot connect. I have checked the modem
    and

    Jerry G., Dec 16, 2006