Wireless problems with Netgear MR814 router & MA521 adaptor

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Simon, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I have an MR814 router which has 3 rj45 connections and I am using a
    MA521 adaptor in my laptop. It usually works perfectly, but quite
    often the wireless card loses link to the router and doesnt want to
    reconnect for ages. This usually occurs after restoring from
    hibernation. It even happens when the adaptor is within 1 meter of the
    router. I have no other 2.4GHz appliances which may be conflicting
    with the link.

    Any ideas people??? email me simon @ simonbank dot com ... or just
    reply 2 the post

    Thanks
    Simon

    // SB33427310 //

    Simon, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Simon

    pete Guest

    If the router has a Preamble option try setting it to >long.

    Peter

    pete, Sep 5, 2003