    https sites (such as hotmail, yahoo) are working fine. On other computers I
    have SP2 installed, they don not work. Any suggestions please

    Thanks

    Guest, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    SP2 automatically turns on the Windows Firewall. If you are using a
    third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet in Control
    Panel and turn if off. If you are only using the Windows Firewall, put
    the IP range of your lan in its exceptions since it is Trusted.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Mike for replying,

    I already have windows firewall turned on in the main connection to the
    internet, so I dont need to turn the windows firewall on in the client
    wireless computer thats having the problem (as suggested in windows network
    help). I have tried to uninstall SP2 and got only SP1 and the problem still
    exsist.

    Guest, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Every Windows machine that connects to the Internet needs a firewall
    installed unless you are behind a really heavy-duty corporate firewall.
    It doesn't sound like that is your situation. My point was that the
    Windows Firewall is turned on automatically with SP2 and you have to
    turn it off. With SP1, check to make sure the ICS firewall is not
    activated on the lan connection.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 26, 2004