    and laptops work properly.

    Any clues as to why this is happening?? All help will be appreciated.

    Jenny

    jennybertha, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Hi
    There are 3 places that have menu Entries for Network Hardware behavior
    concerning saving.
    1. The Network Card Drivers ( http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg ).
    3. Manufacturer installed utility (prevalent in most newer Laptop).
    4. The motherboard BIOS.
    Check all 4 and make sure that the Network cards are Not allowed to go to
    Sleep (or to save).
    In many cases nothing would help, and you have to live with it.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 5, 2007

  3. jennybertha

    Pavel A. Guest

    Try to get the latest wireless adapter driver update. This often helps.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Apr 7, 2007
  4. jennybertha

    ato_zee Guest

    Static addressing for gateway, DNS server, subnet mask, etc often solves
    this type of problem. Windows Zero Config is about as flakey as Plug
    and Pray, fine when it works, a pain in the butt when it doesn't.
    It's easy to change, and go back to what you had before if it
    doesn't solve the problem.

    My guess is that not only is your IP address 0.0.0.1, but
    the other IP addresses have defaulted to some crap values.

    With static values, these should be retained when you come
    out of standby, the only other issue is that your wireless
    adapter may get turned off during standby, and not wake
    up again.

    ato_zee, Apr 7, 2007
  5. jennybertha

    Pavel A. Guest

    The OP wrote that the IP was 0.0.0.0 (not 0.0.0.1 !) - which means the
    IP is not yet been assigned.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Apr 7, 2007
  6. jennybertha

    ato_zee Guest

    I'd still try static addressing.
    To lease an IP address he needs to get to his router and
    0.0.0.0 won't be in the default domain ranges, I'd expect
    ipconfig /all to return invalid addresses for his network.
    Of course it could be that his wireless adapter has
    gone to sleep (power save mode) and not woken up again
    on coming out of standby.
    I believe the OP mentioned other machines on the network.
    So if he does ipconfig /all on a working one he can
    transfer the gateway, DNS, and subnet mask to static
    addresses on the disfunctional machine then give it
    a unique address in that domain.
    If that doesn't resolve it then on coming out of
    standby he needs to go to Services and see what
    relevant network services are running or not as
    the case may be.
    Like DHCP can be manual, automatic, or disabled,
    as can be Wireless Zero Config (WZC).

    ato_zee, Apr 7, 2007
  7. jennybertha

    QuasiCodo Guest

    This is a problem with many Wifi adapters and usually comes down to the
    firmware crashing and thus hanging the internal processor on the device
    itself. If it is a USB wifi NIC, simply unplug the device and plug it
    back in. If a PCI/miniPCI NIC, go into DeviceManager (*NOT* Network
    Connections) and "Disable" the device and then "Enable" it again.
    Sometimes that works. It really depends on if the power is truly
    removed from the device on the PCI bus or not when you disable it.

    ((&->

    QuasiCodo, Apr 9, 2007
  8. jennybertha

    M G Guest

    This problem was bugging for 3-4 months. Changes in power management settings, updating the wireless driver did not help.

    Finally, I read somewhere about a related BIOS setting. I checked my bios and found a setting, which was not very clearly named. I enabled the setting and it worked. Since then my wireless contection works fine even after waking up.

    Hope it works with you.

    QuasiCodo wrote:

    Re: Wireless not working after standby
    09-Apr-07

    wrote:
    This is a problem with many Wifi adapters and usually comes down to the
    firmware crashing and thus hanging the internal processor on the device
    itself. If it is a USB wifi NIC, simply unplug the device and plug it
    back in. If a PCI/miniPCI NIC, go into DeviceManager (*NOT* Network
    Connections) and "Disable" the device and then "Enable" it again.
    Sometimes that works. It really depends on if the power is truly
    removed from the device on the PCI bus or not when you disable it.

    ((&->

    Wireless not working after standby
    I am having a problem when my computer comes back from stand by or
    hibernate, the wireless Connection is does not work and I have to
    restart the computer in order to get a connection. Basically the the
    icon is enabled, but the IP assigned is 0.0.0.0, I have tried renewing
    the IP, disabling and reenabling the connection but nothing works. No
    IP is being assigned after the computer comes back from standby. I
    have an HP lap top and I ussually close it when I am not working.
    There is an article in the Microsoft KB, suggesting it might be an
    alternate application that searches for the wireless connection, but I
    do not have any other software to my knowledge.

    We have a home network with a Belkin router, but all other computers
[...]

    [snip]

    wrote:
    This is a problem with many Wifi adapters and usually comes down to the
    firmware crashing and thus hanging the internal processor on the device
    itself. If it is a USB wifi NIC, simply unplug the device and plug it
    back in. If a PCI/miniPCI NIC, go into DeviceManager (*NOT* Network
    Connections) and "Disable" the device and then "Enable" it again.
    Sometimes that works. It really depends on if the power is truly
    removed from the device on the PCI bus or not when you disable it.

    ((&->

    DataContractSerializer Basics
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c-94d2f3b1b265/datacontractserializer-ba.aspx

    M G, Feb 28, 2010