    I am looking for some info on how wireless mice that operate in the 2.4GhZ
    band get along with wireless networks...
    Do they often interfer or can the two peacably co-exsit....

    DavidT, Nov 16, 2006

  2. DavidT

    ato_zee Guest

    Are you sure they run at 2.4Ghz?
    Haven't had any interference problems with mine.
    With the USB ones, using rechargeable batteries and USB charging cradle,
    you can run the batteries down faster than they are charging, unless
    the system is on 24/7 or used infrequently for say 20mins or
    so a day. I modded mine to cure this problem.
    Those with USB receivers and AAA alkaline batteries may need a USB
    cable extender to put the mouse nearer the receiver, plugging the
    receiver into the USB port may result in the case shielding the
    the receiver from the mouse, causing erratic operation.
    There are quality wireless mices (mice, unless you watch Tom & Jerry)
    and cheapo ones that aren't too good, most are unbranded, so you
    don't know the good from the bad ones.

    ato_zee, Nov 16, 2006

  3. DavidT

    DavidT Guest

    I was looking at the Logitech G7 which according to specs is on th 2.4 GHZ
    freg

    DavidT, Nov 17, 2006
  4. DavidT

    David Hettel Guest

    Well it depends on the technology Bluetooth and Wi-Fi can co-exist,
    generally speaking if you see problems it will IMHO be more likely to show
    up in the mouse driver than the Wi-Fi driver simply do to the fact that the
    mouse is a lower power device than Wi-Fi. I don't believe you'll have a
    problem with the Logitech one.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.