Wireless Networking Problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi to you all

    I have an Acer 1691 with SignalUp antenna, and I am using a Belkin 54g Modem
    Router
    Recently I have been hving problems keeping a connection to the internet so
    I ran the EVENT VIEWER and I am regularly receiving the following messages

    1) The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip because
    a master browser was stopped.
    2) Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address (not posted here) on
    the Network Card with network address (not posted here)
    3) Listen failed: 23: The ncb_lana_num member did not specify a valid
    network number.
    4) Listen failed :15 netdde
    The computer was expecting data from another computer but has not received
    it. Either the other computer is not sending, or the thread on this computer
    that listens for data has encountered an error.

    The above are just a selection of errors in the event viewer, I have
    restored my laptop with the recovery disks and also reset router to no avail

    Hope someone can help
    Regards

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    just to add I also regulary get this message -
    IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
    interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
    machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
    desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
    further diagnose the problem.

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    just got this message now -
    Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the
    DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0012F0C17865. The
    following error occurred:
    The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to
    try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

    AND
    Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BROWSER_ELECTION_SENT_LANMAN_NT_STOPPED
    Message: The browser has forced an election on network %1 because a master
    browser was stopped.

    Explanation
    The network must have a master browser.

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ME AGAIN

    I have disabled firewall and its still keeps disconnecting, so I have just
    borrowed a network adaptor and put it on my spare machine and this is
    connecting fine and staying online so it looks like router is okay ??? just
    need help with laptop settings

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Have you checked with your ISP to see wheather your laptop is getting a good
    IP, If not try putting in an IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask and DHCP manually from
    your Internet Provider, ISP's monitor MAC addresses and will deny internet
    access if the MAC you send and the one they have on record dont match.
    If it wont renenw your IP disable your connection and try enabling it again,
    (have you tried the realease and renew through DOS instead of using the
    internet properties? that sometimes works)

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the reply
    I have to be honest, I am not sure what im doing with IP's, I have just
    disabled the internal network card and installed the belkin usb and this is
    working fine, I have checked the router settings and the mac filtering is
    switched off

    By putting in different network adaptor it changed the IP address, is the ip
    address unique to the adaptor then ??

    Guest, Dec 22, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hey,

    Your IP should be assigned by either your Internet Provider or by a
    router, if the network adapter is getting a differant IP than it was getting
    before and your internet is working then it was most likely the card had a
    conflict with your computer (possibly the MAC Address) but if its working now
    then your fixed eh?

    Guest, Dec 22, 2005
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    My laptop only worked when i used a usb belkin adaptor(I borrowed it from a
    friend), I am still having problems with my build in wireless card

    Guest, Dec 22, 2005
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hey,

    I would check the hardware status of your wireless card, (the one
    that isnt working) going through the device manager. Hopefully the problem
    could be just a bad driver update. If you open up command and type
    ipconfig/all check to see if it comes up with both wireless devices, see if
    your still getting an IP through the one that isnt working. What your
    computer will do if Windows or your ISP has conflicts with a wireless device
    is that it will give it either a bad IP or disconnect the device. My advice
    is check the device status and make sure that it is working properly with no
    conflicts within the IRQ and I/O Range (if you go into the device manager and
    right click on the device, go to properties then resources at the bottom it
    should say no conflicts)

    Guest, Dec 22, 2005
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    thanks for staying with me on this one
    I have received several errors again tonight so I tried the release and
    renew of Ip that you mentioned and I have had steady connection for nearly
    half hour now, the tell tail signs are when the spead of the adoptor quickly
    drops from 54 mbps down to 1 mbps then it disconnects then reconnects and
    goes back up to 54 again, when i go in event viewer and look it has A FAILED
    AUDIT - IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of
    network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to
    the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection
    as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
    further diagnose the problem.

    or
    DHCP Error - Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address

    I rang ACER last night and they want me to send laptop back for them to
    check but I will wait until after xmas first and keep my eye on it

    Thanks Again for all your help

    Guest, Dec 23, 2005