    appreciated.
    All systems are Dell.
    Liz

    Pray4Mojo, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Pray4Mojo

    winxpnut Guest

    Have you tried to uninstall the wireless card drivers from the new
    computer?

    winxpnut, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Pray4Mojo

    Fred Guest

    I have two Dell laptops with a Belkin ADSL wireless router. One connected no
    trouble but the second was a headache. I had to delete the dial up option,
    and then voila! Goes like a rocket.

    Fred, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Pray4Mojo

    Duane Arnold Guest

    So the machine is having problems with the wireless card getting a DHCP
    IP from the router. You could configure the card to use one of the
    router's static IP(s) and see if that helps with the *network adddress*.
    On the other hand, the card could be defective. What happens when you use
    a wire connection with the laptop to the router?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 2, 2005
  5. Pray4Mojo

    xxx xxx Guest

    Hello,
    I don't think that your problem comes from the hardware, because I had
    the same problem and to make it work you shuold configure the ip
    connection of your laptop.

    Try1 of this IP for your laptop : 192.168.1.(1-255)

    Mattia

    xxx xxx, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Pray4Mojo

    Peptide One Guest

    Bully for you. I'm sure the OP is ever so happy for your good fortune.

    Peptide One, Oct 2, 2005
  7. Pray4Mojo

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The OP should make sure an IP is used that the router's DHCP server will
    not issue.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 2, 2005