Wireless Networking Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Atlas Shrugged, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. I am replacing my hardwired networked system with a
    wireless system (all components are Linksys 2.4 GHz
    Wireless-G). The two desktop computers are Windows 98SE
    and the laptop is Windows ME. After quite an effort, I
    got the two desktops working, but I can't get the laptop
    working. I get an error message that states "10038:
    Socket operation non-socket." I thought the problem might
    be a bad driver, so I went to Linksys' website and got
    their latest driver and installed it. I still get the
    message after I install the wireless adapter and turn on
    the computer. The hardware gets installed correctly, and
    then the error message pops up. The Linksys wireless
    adapter model number is WPC54G.

    The laptop is a HP Pavilion N5350 laptop. The PCMCIA
    socket is Texas Instruments PCI-1420 CardBus Controller.
    The driver was provided by Microsoft and is dated
    6/8/2000.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Paul

    Atlas Shrugged, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Atlas Shrugged

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The cause is probably a faulty network setup on the computer. Check to see
    if you have multiple network cards listed under the network configuration.
    Removing all the faulty entries and rebooting should correct the problem.

    pcbutts1, Sep 4, 2003