    ability. At the moment I cannot even ping the other computer.

    Can anyone give me step by step instructions to set up my network without
    constantly losing the gains that I make?

    Guest, May 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Ethernet Netwrok does Not care what OS you are using as long as the OS is
    Ethernet capable.

    Win98 and Win XP (as well as all other Windows OSs) are Ethernet compatible.

    You have to configure WinXP Network settings and Sharing, and Win98 Network
    setting and Sharing. Each one should be configured according to their
    specific configuration menus. If done correctly the Network and the Internet
    would work well.

    Log to this pages you would find a lot of links to instructions to Windows
    Network Settings, and Sharing.

    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html and or
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).