Wireless Networking Help Needed

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jonny, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. Jonny

    Jonny Guest

    Hi

    Both machines are Windows 2000 Professional SP4 with all security updates
    installed

    ----------------------------

    Until recently, I have had 2 computers connected via a crossover cat 5e
    network cable with static IP's within a workgroup

    Now, I have purchased a 3CRWDR100A-72 3Com ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router
    & have it connected to one machine as the DCHP Server with the machine
    dynamically picking up an IP address from the Router

    I have a wireless card in the second machine now, which is configured &
    works wirelessly with the Internet, which is fine.

    My question is:

    How do I make it so both computers are networked to each other over
    wireless?

    TIA

    Jonny

    Jonny, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Jonny

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Assuming that your Router is configured correctly to access the Internet and
    that the two computers can access the Internet.

    It is a matter of setting File Sharing on both computers.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 17, 2006