Wireless Networking and Wireless Internet

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have reached the frustration level with this problem...

    Desktop A has a wireless PCI card and Laptop B has a built-in INTEL
    PRO/Wireless card and also has a Verizon Wireless Internet Access Card. I
    have set up Desktop A and Laptop B to wirelessly home network and can share
    files, printers, and workgroup without any problem. They connect to each
    other wirelessly through the LinkSys router.
    The problem occurs when I try to connect from Desktop A through the
    (laptop) Verizon Wireless Internet Card to get an internet connection
    established. I have tried Internet Connection Sharing and Network Bridging
    without any luck.
    I have contacted all tech supports for my systems without any answers. (and
    have paid enough already).

    As an afterthought one day, I connected a lan cable from Desktop A to Laptop
    B and was able to set up internet access on Desktop A through the Laptop B
    Verizon Wireless Internet Access Card and connect to the internet.

    But once the lan cable is removed, there is no internet on the desktop.
    Isn't there someway I can connect wirelessly from the desktop through the
    verizon internet card on the laptop without a lan cable, since my home
    networking is working fine?

    If anyone can offer suggestions, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

    PS. I have Windows XP installed on both.

    Guest, Apr 1, 2006

  2. Guest

    Socrates Guest

    Socrates, Apr 1, 2006