    I directly connect (by cable) to the internet through my router (Netgear DG834GT). I have no problems with the connection, its all good for me.

    However, we have two other computers on the network that only seem to connect to the internet when my machine is switched on. The router includes an asdl modem and is wireless (which is how they connect). If my computer is not on, the other machines will not connect to the internet, even though they are connected to the network.

    Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.

    sim3000, Apr 4, 2007

  2. sim3000

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I would run though the router settings by logging into the router IP address with your browser. Look for settings related to sharing the Internet connection, if they are present. You might try using the wizard to configure the router again, this time being sure not to associate your main machine with some type of connection sharing setting.

    bigal, Apr 10, 2007

  3. sim3000

    deepblue

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    This sound like internet sharing in windows , you may have the 2 other computers setup to connect to the internet through another computer ( your computer ) on the network.
    I would create a new connection.
    in the new connection wizard select " set up home or small office network "
    on the select a connection method select " other " and on the next page select " this computer connects to the internet directly or through a network hub "

    hope this helps

    deepblue, Apr 13, 2007