    home network with my desktop. The problem I'm having is I have to restart the
    wireless zero configuration everytime I log off or go into standby mode.

    Any ideas on how I can fix this?

    Guest, Feb 25, 2006

  2. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The Startup probably loads the Presario's Wireless Utility and it switching
    Off WZC.

    WZC and the original Wireless Utility cannot work at the same time.

    If the case is as describe above, use can use this Util to Uncheck the

    Make sure that WZC service is set to start automatically.

    Click Start, Run and type "services.msc" (without quotes), and press ENTER.
    Scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration.

    Should look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/WZC-Service.jpg

    If it does not right click on the service, choose properties, and use the
    entries to set it correctly, http://www.ezlan.net/network/WZC-Start.jpg

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 25, 2006

  3. Guest

    James Gockel Guest

    In addition, you may want to turn off, if you can, or uninstall the wireless
    utility... and only use WZC...
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 25, 2006
  4. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I am sorry I omitted the following from my previous post.

    This free util (StartUp) might help you to uncheck the Original Presario
    Util. so it would Not Start. By using it you would have the flexibility to
    use one form of Wireless management or the other according to your choice.
    This faq written with other intention in mind but the principle applies to
    any StartUp manipulation. http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#process

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 25, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've run the services.msc and have WZC in startup list, automatic. I've
    processed the instruction (if issue persists) in Network Connections, trying
    to add NETWZC.INF to network services. The MICROSOFT manufacturer doesn't
    show, so although it appears to install it, it's probably installing it to
    the wrong place.

    Even if I ever get the Wireless tab into the Choose a wireless network
    (Change advanced settings) task, it doesn't appear that I'll ever get the
    point where I don't have to manually do something to get the notebook to
    recognize that I have a wireless network I want to automatically connect to.

    HP ZD7000, media center edition, XP SP2 - HP is no help, of course.

    Guest, Apr 24, 2006