    wireless connection, a network. None of these work, or
    maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Could someone please help
    me with my problem? Thanks! -Jared

    Guest, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Guest

    WLW Guest

    WLW, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ok thanks, I'll give it a try

    Guest, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I found that article incredibly confusing. For instance, it was written with
    the ONE interface for the ONE router in mind...

    Guest, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    Unfortunately there is a confusion that derive from the usage of words like
    Sharing (for Internet Sharing and File Sharing), and security (to Internet
    security and Wireless security.

    The two types of Sharing and two type of security are not practically
    related one to the other beside the fact that they both have to do with
    Network computers.

    If you can use the Internet from all the Networked computers it means that
    you can share the Internet and that there is a connection between your
    computers and the switch on the Router.

    At this point if you want to share files between the Networked computers you
    have to configure the Network's Sharing setting on each computer (this
    process is the same for wired or and wireless connection, and has nothing to
    do with Internet Sharing).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 22, 2005
  6. Guest

    WLW Guest

    I'm sorry you found it confusing.

    People often get confused with Wireless Networking, Wireless Ad-Hoc
    Networks, Wireless Infrastructure-Mode Networks, Microsoft Windows Networks,
    Workgroups, Domains, Microsoft Domain Names, Internet Domain Names... Too
    many similar names for things that are different.

    Don't worry, if it was easy we wouldn't need support groups.

    Please see my response to your other posting.
    I hope it helps,

    WLW, Mar 23, 2005