    XP din't detect the new protocol "g+". I wanted to know if I is true and , if
    it is.... when will windows take a path to repair this?

    Thanks.

    Guest, May 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The 802.11g Super / Booster /125 etc. are Not standard so the standard
    windows interface would label them.

    However the hardware should work correctly regardless of "Name/Nunber
    Calling".

    Set your Network Sharing and transfer a big file between two computers from
    the time it takes to transfer you can calculate your actual Wireless Speed.

    Read this page it includes in the middle info about functional (as oppose to
    Advertised) "Speed" that is commonly provided by the variety of Wireless
    Hardware.

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, May 6, 2005