    Likes Received:
    0
    i have a laptop that i haven't used wireless with before, and i took it to school where there is wifi, but for some reason, when i go to the window where it is supposed to show available networks, nothing shows up. is something set wrong on my computer?

    msparr, Nov 14, 2006

  2. msparr

    globalchicken

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sacramento
    Have you looked to see if your wireless NIC was turned on? On some laptop models there is an on/off switch that enables your wireless NIC. Mine for example is a sony vaio and the switch is on the front of the laptop.

    globalchicken, Nov 21, 2006

  3. msparr

    utlnoel

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Have you looked to see if your wireless NIC was turned on? On some laptop models there is an on/off switch that enables your wireless NIC. Mine for example is a sony vaio and the switch is on the front of the laptop.Check for the wireless services running or stoped?.

    utlnoel, Dec 2, 2006