    managed to set up the network by myself I am by no means a computer expert.
    We can connect wired through the router, but my wireless network has
    apparently disappeared. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.

    Margo, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Margo

    Barb Bowman Guest

    If you login to the router with a wired connection, you can check
    the status of the wireless.

    Frankly, that router does not provide you with proper security as it
    only supports WEP (not to mention it is b only). For security
    reasons alone, you should consider replacing it with a modern router
    that supports WPA2. If you have older computers with older operating
    systems and wireless network cards that don't support WPA, consider
    the risks - data theft, identity theft, etc.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Margo

    Margo Guest

    How do i login to the router to check the status?

    Margo, Dec 14, 2007
  4. Margo

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Dec 14, 2007