Wireless network lost file sharing for no reason

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all,
    I've read throuhg many posts with similar titles but noen have come to a
    solution. I have three computers on my network A desktop wired to a router,
    a laptop with only wiress access, and a mini-laptop with both wireless and
    Hard wire capabilities.
    all can access the internet and see the router, the latop cannot see any
    other computer on the network. The mini-laptop can see and share if it is
    hardwired to the router, but not if it connects through wireless It can only
    see and share files with the desktop.

    The reason I am confused about this it that it used to work and nothing
    changed. After downloading SP2 it worked for about 1 month. In early
    december, it still worked. I turned the mini-laptop off. Next time I turned
    it on, I had no file sharing. Similar symptoms as the others have posted.
    Sig strength excellent, can access the Internet, but cannot share files.
    Firewalls are down, and IP configured manually. When I try to repair the
    connection I get a massage that says the network adapter cannot be repaired
    bacause it is in use. If plug in the cable all is well.

    I talkes with someone tonight who said he had a similar problem and had
    install ipx/spx to fix it. When I went to do that I saw there was a tcp/ip 6
    available. Will installing either of these restore the system to the way it
    worked, and should still? And if I try one or both, is it likly to cause
    further problems?

    Guest, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Guest

    mikeFNB Guest