    not help. Repairing the connection also fails although the network is
    functioning. What is the cause of this weird, obviously buggy behavior.
    Thanks...Peter

    Peter Welk, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Peter Welk

    Guest Guest

    From the information you've given, it's very hard to tell.
    Probably, some kind or "adapter switch" utility was installed on your system
    before update to SP2.

    --PA

    Guest, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Peter Welk

    Peter Welk Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I have a very simple setup. This problem is something
    related to sp2. Are there any services or network settings which may cause
    this behavior? The problem again is that the wireless network is connected
    and working but all the windows related to network connections and status
    indicate that there is no connection.
    Thanks...Peter

    Peter Welk, Oct 20, 2004
  4. I would like to help troubleshoot this issue. Can you turn on logs...

    To turn on logs
    1) Open a command window.
    2) Type netsh ras set tr * en
    3) Hit enter
    4) Reproduce your problem
    5) Go to %windir% This is your windows directory
    6) Go to the tracing directory... Normally this is c:\windows\tracing

    Send the whole tracing directory to me...

    Send to

    --
    Jeff Baziuk
    Microsoft Corporation

    and confers no rights.

    Jeff Baziuk [MSFT], Oct 27, 2004
  5. Peter Welk

    Peter Welk Guest

    Jeff,
    Where you able to find anything out about this.
    Thanks..Peter

    Peter Welk, Nov 10, 2004
  6. Peter Welk

    Guest Guest

    UNCHECK THE IEEE checkbox in the property settings.

    Guest, Jan 2, 2005