Wireless Network Help with a mixed wired and wireless network

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rupert, May 9, 2004.

  1. Rupert

    Rupert Guest

    Hello,
    I just picked up a very nice Pocket PC in Hong Kong which includes wireless
    networking. What I want to do is to allow the PPC to access my machine at
    home over the wireless connection but am having problems doing so.

    My system is setup as so...

    An ADSL Ethernet Router XH1149 from DSE
    My home PC connects via a network cable to that router along with my work pc
    and my wife's pc.

    I figured that the easy thing would be to put a wireless network card into
    my home pc and allow that to be a point to which my PPC could access the
    server and then use ICS on the wireless network card to provide internet
    access to the PPC.

    So far I am having no luck, am what I looking to do possible, any
    suggestions? I'd rather not have to buy an wireless access point just for
    this.

    Cheers
    Rupert

    FYI, the PPC is a Asus MyPal A716 which is very nice, great screen, very
    bright, great battery life, 64MB on board with an additional 25MB flash
    disk, plus a CF II and SD slot plus wireless and bluetooth and all for
    NZ$700.

    Rupert, May 9, 2004

  2. Rupert

    Rupert Guest

    Ahh all sorted, I needed to bridge the two network connections

    Rupert, May 9, 2004