    How do I get windows to regonize the wireless connection again and add that
    icon back to my network connections options? I've tried uninstalling and
    reinstalling the wireless card without any luck.

    ap010113, Mar 30, 2008

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 30, 2008

  3. ap010113

    Kudesai123 Guest

    Hi

    i am having this very same issue with my desktop pc right now.
    i have had a linksys compact wireless-g usb adapter connected and working
    fine for about 3 or 4 months now. all of a sudden the other day i my
    wireless network connection icon has disappeared. i have just spent the last
    3 hours reading other forumns but no one seems to understand the problem.
    the wireless device shows up in the device manager and appears to be working
    fine. i can connect to the wireless internet fine. but since that wireless
    connection icon is missing i can not manage the wireless connection. i have
    followed the steps in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826/en-us and they
    did not change anything...the icon is still missing.

    i am not saying it isnt appearing in the tasbar so do not tell me to goto
    the wirless connection and right click prperties and check the show icon in
    notification area when connected. also i have reinstalled the drivers and
    hardware about 10 times now so do not tell me to goto device manager and
    check that it is working...i have done this after every reinstall and
    everytime it says it is there and working.

    Kudesai123, Apr 17, 2008
  4. ap010113

    Pat Guest

    the same thing has happened to my laptop. I called Dell and they said they
    have had numerous complaints of the same thing and blamed it on Microsoft.
    They said it was a software problem and that microsoft was aware of the
    problem. I have not adeed andy software to my laptop and the wireless system
    has worked perfectly for the last 6 months or so and then the 7th of this
    month the wirless options disappeared in the Network and Sharing Center.
    Dells soltuion was to reformat and reload Vista. there has to be a better
    solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards, Pat

    Pat, May 12, 2008
  5. ap010113

    preeuzee

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can anyone help?
    wireless network connection is missing
    no internet connection through wireless

    preeuzee, Oct 16, 2012
  6. ap010113

    Dipak94

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,
    Use Hughes Net Gen4 is the next generation of high-speed wireless network connection There is no problem internet connection through wireless..

    Dipak94, Nov 24, 2012
  7. ap010113

    mewgirl

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Click on Wireless Network Setup Wiazrd....

    mewgirl, Jun 18, 2013