    router). Is my card dead?

    Regards
    Gary

    Speedy Mct 182, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Speedy Mct 182

    jimmuh Guest

    Since this happened the day after "second Tuesday" I was wondering if you
    installed any Microsoft updates on the system -- especially device drivers?
    Absent any kind of deliberate change in configuration on your part that's
    about the only thing I can think of that might cause this issue. If you are
    seeing your wireless router and if you are getting an indication of the
    measured signal strength, then I think your card is not dead.

    jimmuh, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Thanks for your reply. It's possible that an update was installed on
    the previous shutdown, although I can't remember, I'll have to check.
    The problem is, for some reason my system restore has decided that it
    doesn't want to restore any more. I guess there's no way round it. I
    have tried reinstalling the driver for the card but keep getting the
    typical windows error that it can't install the software for the card
    because it's not configured properly, even though nothing's changed!

    Speedy Mct 182, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Speedy Mct 182

    jimmuh Guest

    It's not a good sign that System Restore isn't functional. Do you see
    anything in the Event Viewer over the past couple of days that might give us
    a clue as to error conditions that might exist on your system? Also, did you
    try just removing the card from Device Manager and then rebooting to get the
    card detected again? You don't really have much to lose by trying that at
    this point.

    jimmuh, Feb 16, 2007