    Is there any way to stop Windows from disconnecting me from my network?

    Thanks!
    Ryan

    =?Utf-8?B?UnluZXQ=?=, Nov 16, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UnluZXQ=?=

    Malke Guest

    Rynet wrote:

    > I'm having an issue with my wireless network.
    > I'm using Windows as my configuration tool.
    > Whenever I'm wirelessly connected I every so often get booted when
    > Windows detects other networks in my area or other networks that are
    > no longer available.
    > Is there any way to stop Windows from disconnecting me from my
    > network?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Ryan

    In the Wireless Network settings, there is a place to choose the option
    "only connect to preferred networks" which you should enable. This will
    stop the problem you're having. You'll need to look around, probably in
    the Advanced section. Sorry to be so vague as to its exact location,
    but my laptop is not on right now.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User