    device driver? I am trying to decide if I want to even look at x64 edition
    but I need to know that it will work. If, it does not, does anyone know of
    another Wireless G, WPA product that would? Thank you very much for your help,

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    Is this the internal PCI card, or the USB card?

    I've got MS' internal PCI card, and it works fine with the generic Broadcom
    driver included with x64. The card was recognized during setup and I did
    not need to supply drivers.

    Hope this helps.

    Kevin Lowe, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This is the USB device.
    --
    ~GGrimes~
    ~UTSA~

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    M. Murcek Guest

    USB NIC drivers are scarce to non-existent...

    M. Murcek, Jul 26, 2005
  5. There isnt any support for that device.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 26, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    OK then...time to learn how to port a driver. If anyone has any suggestions
    for this please let me know.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005
  7. No, there are no USB Wireless G adapters that have drivers at this point.
    However, you should be able to find a model of PCI adapter that has drivers.
    Look for one based on the Broadcom chipset - I know the drivers are built in
    for that. And check www.planetamd64.com for other chipsets that have drivers.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2005
  8. Guest

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    Not gonna happen. You'd need the source code.

    Kevin Lowe, Jul 26, 2005
  9. If you plan on using x64 as your primary OS, you may want to consider a PCI
    wireless card for the time being until OEMs put out drivers for their
    wireless products.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 28, 2005
  10. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    MS has abandoned the wireless networking products. Do you have
    information that is different and do you know if someone at MS will be
    providing 64 bit drivers for the Microsoft branded wireless networking
    products?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP