Wireless LED indicator doesn't work with Cisco MPI350 on my IBM T40

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JYS31, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. JYS31

    JYS31 Guest

    Hello everybody.

    After having installed the mini-pci 350 Cisco WIFI-Wireless card,
    everything seems to run ok on my IBM Thinkpad T40 (apart from the
    battery management that I have to re-install) :
    I have the wireless connection, I can activate it (card ON/OFF) by the
    T40 Fct-F5 button
    -> but the Wireless LED indicator is allways off !

    I may need to install another IBM driver or application but, since my
    Win XP Pro SP2 is a new one (without IBM Access installed), I don't
    want to install any "not usefull" application :) so is it related to
    CISCO's driver (I use the one from IBM website but I've seen a more
    upto date in CISCO's site but I don't know if this is ok for the T40 ?)
    ?

    Thanks for any tip :)

    JYS

    JYS31, Sep 6, 2006

  2. You may wish to investigate:

    Interpreting the Indicator LEDs

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080184b62.html#1020111

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 6, 2006

  3. JYS31

    JYS31 Guest

    Thanks Brad,

    But, as it is said : "Note : Mini PCI cards do not have LEDs" :-(

    "My LED" is the one on the Thinkpab laptop and it is always Off, even
    if the Cisco card may be turned On or Off by software :)

    Thanks again for any tip :)

    JYS

    JYS31, Sep 6, 2006