    connecting does not have any service packs installed yet. Could this be the
    reason? Scratching my head as to how I can obtain the SP's without internet
    access.

    Guest, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Is work offline checked in your browser?
    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 21, 2006
  4. Could it be your firewall?
    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Guest

    Billy

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    My ISP makes me registar the MAC of every computer i put on the internet the first two are done automaticaly, but I can only do two at a time and after two i have to go to the registration site, delete one of the MACS and enter the new one, if thats not the problem try releasing and them renewing the IP adress in comand promt "ipconfig /all" will give you all the info on your connection and "ipconfig /? , Or ipconfig /help" will give you a list of all ip commands and what thier porpose is , just incase enter comand pompt, type in "ipconfig /release" -enter, then type "ipconfig /renew" -enter remember there is a space inbetween ipconfig and the slash but not after finally if that does not work try flushing and re-registering your dns, the istruction are in the help file (ipconfig /help). Hope thats of some use to you

    Billy, Jul 24, 2006
  6. Guest

    Billy

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sorry forgot to add you can use your working computer to dowload the sevice pack and then place it on a cd and load it on the other, But you have to get it from a third party, NOT microsoft, they do allow you to save SP2 to your hard drive, try www.downloads.com or just google "windows xp sp2" if your copy of windows only has service pack one on it its always a good idea to have SP2 on a disk somewhere, however service packs wont be the difference in getting online or not, but I do-not suggest going online without SP2 unless you enjoy deleting files from safe mode

    Billy, Jul 24, 2006