    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    TR

    Thomas J., May 3, 2004

  2. Any idea what the signal strength is between the two machines?
    Do you keep up with antivirus and antispyware on both?
    Laptops are slower by nature, take that into consideration.

    Overall, sounds like spotty wireless connection. Not sure why the laptop
    receives slower than the desktop though.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 3, 2004

  3. Thomas J.

    Thomas J. Guest

    Laptop is about 6 feet away from the router with network properties
    reporting an excellent signal. Never ran antispyware on the laptop... never
    experienced problems with stuff like that. Antivirus definitions are not the
    newest, but not that old. The laptop doesn't even transfer or open the
    smallest files from the desktop.

    I previously had a Microsoft "b" wireless router and card running on both
    machines and never had problems transferring both ways. I uninstalled the
    Microsoft networking software and hooked up my new USR "g" router and card
    last week and the transfer problem started.

    Both the desktop and laptop access the internet perfectly. Just can't get
    transfers working from the desktop to laptop for some reason.

    Thanks,
    TR

    Thomas J., May 3, 2004
  4. Thomas J.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Just a shot in the dark...have you looked at the WEP encryption settings?

    Toolman Tim, May 3, 2004