    Help Please?

    My 'A' computer is running XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
    My DSL Router is a Westell Model 6100

    Guest, May 6, 2006

  2. Guest

    James Gockel Guest

    You'll probably need to configure the Router.
    When you plug the computer into the router, check in your support tab in the
    connection status, for "default gateway"... Open Internet Explorer, and type
    in the number sequence (IP address) you see there, including the periods.
    This'll take you to the configuration of the router. You may need to contact
    your DSL service provider for information about what you need to set.
    Normally (SBC in this case) you set the connection type to PPPoE, and enter
    your username and password.
    When you type in that IP address in your web browser, you are actually
    viewing a webpage on the router itself! This is where you can control
    everything the router does.
    -James G.

    James Gockel, May 7, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    We had the same problem with a Westell DSL modem and a Network Everywhere
    router. Your DSL ISP should be able to give you the correct settings.

    Guest, May 7, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you for that info James. I am having one major problem though, when I
    put in the IP address it thinks for a while then transfers to google.
    So I have all the info I need to configure it but I can't get to the router.

    Guest, May 10, 2006
  5. Guest

    alchemyprime

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hm... We've been having very similar problems over here.

    We're trying to connect a Westell Model 6100 DSL modem to a Linksys Wireless router, model no. wrt54g ver. 6 and it has not been working.

    All of the computers in our house use Windows XP Home Edition. The main computer, as in the one connected to the modem, is a HP Pavilion a1247c.

    We have already reconfigured the modem. Nothing is working. What might be the problem?

    alchemyprime, Jun 27, 2006