Wireless interoperability between Cisco Aironet and Orinoco.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm going to change an Orinoco PCMCIA card (inserted in a Linux box) with a Cisco Aironet series. We are using it to
    have Internet connectivity. The provider also uses Orinoco products (it should be an Orinoco Tsunami Quick...)
    I would know whether any of you knows if Cisco works fine together with Orinoco devices.
    Is there any aspects I should take care about this?

    Moreover I must decide between Aironet 350 series (metallic case for outdoor) and 1400 series. The first one covers
    distances till 40 kms, the second one about 10 kms. The connection will be a point to point one: 350 seems to me more
    "professional" and essential in skills for the target while 1400 series present more features (perhaps too much) for our
    purposes.
    Which are commoner solutions for authentication, do I need a certificate, a radius server to establish the connection?

    Any link or suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    AM, Jun 8, 2005

  2. AM

    AM Guest

    Has no one knowledge about this couple of devices?
    Alex.

    AM, Jun 10, 2005

  3. AM

    Uli Link Guest

    It should work as station.

    The other way round an ORiNOCO (aka Hermes I chipset) can assiocate to
    Aironet APs if configuration allows.

    If you need bridging the airo_cs driver is different from orinoco_cs or
    hostap driver.

    Uli Link, Jun 10, 2005