    I want to set up a guest account on my XP laptop for a visitor to use, but I
    can't figure out how to allow the guest account wireless access. Can
    somebody help me? Thanks.

    Fantine, Jul 7, 2008

  2. Fantine

    smlunatick Guest

    Guest account may not be part of any user group that will let the
    wireless adapter connect to the network. You may need to set up the
    wireless adapter in an administrator type account so that the network
    is connected.

    smlunatick, Jul 7, 2008

  3. Fantine

    Fantine Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. As you can see from my new post, I'm still having
    problems getting internet access when I created a new (non-guest) account.
    In fact, I set the account up as an admin, and I can see that it has wireless
    connectivity, but something is blocking access to all websites.

    Fantine, Jul 7, 2008
  4. Fantine

    smlunatick Guest

    Do you use any software based firewalls? I encountered a problem
    within my Norton 360 firewall module which blocked my wireless network
    SSID until I told it to "trust" this SSID.

    smlunatick, Jul 7, 2008