    hp recently with no change in behavior. The indicator used to work fine and I
    am not aware of any changes we may have done to cause this. I am using hp
    pavilion zx5000 type notebook Win XP home.

    Guest, Aug 11, 2006

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your reply.
    The hp zx5369cl and others have builtin wifi with a button for turning off
    the wifi to save battery. On this model, the button normally lights when the
    wifi is operational.

    Guest, Aug 17, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your reply,

    Okey, the notebook, hp5369cl, has wifi builtin and a lighted button to show
    when wifi is on. The button can turn off wifi to save battery. However in my
    case the wifi is on (according to the blinkin light on the AP) even when the
    wifi button light is off. I cannot tell from the wifi button light, if the
    wifi is on or off. I hope this clears any confusion. I am just short of
    reloading all programming, an at least a 4-hr project so we appreciate any
    help.
    -Bob

    Guest, Aug 17, 2006
  8. Guest

    Lem Guest

    What is it that makes you think the laptop's wifi is on? A blinking
    light on your router/access point? When the wifi button light on your
    laptop is off, can you connect to the AP and/or Internet?

    Lem, Aug 17, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Sorry for the repeated post. An error page convinced me that the message did
    not post so I wrote it again. and again.

    Okey. Thats right. When the wifi button light on the laptop is off the
    connection continues to the Internet thu the AP, mentioning the blinkin light
    was just extra. I watch for the light while the laptop is booting and
    downloading a web page. The button light comes on during the process then
    goes out (and stays off) while the other indications confirm the
    connectivity. Tnx.
    -

    Guest, Aug 18, 2006