Wireless Icon Show Status of Disconnected While Connected

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a Laptop running Windows XP Home Edition SP 2, current with all
    patches. It has a Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHZ 802.11g adapter model WPC 54G
    ver3. The issue I have is that the wireless Icon show the connection is
    disconnected, while in fact it is still active and in service. I have turned
    off the Windows Firewall, and the wireless connection icon then performs
    normally with no issue. Turn the windows firewall back on and within minutes
    the wirless connection icon is again showing that the adapter has no
    connection. If you view available networks the only option you have is to
    disconnect fron the attached wireless network. The connection works fine,
    while it show the adapter is disconnected, I can surf the web or connect to
    other pc's. I have contacted Linksys tech suppport with no success, they told
    me to contact Microsoft for support with a firewall issue. I have also tried
    both wireless managers the linksys one that came with the adapter and the
    basic Microsoft XP manager that is defualt within the OS, both have this
    issue. I would welcome any fresh idea's on how to solve this as I have come
    up blank.

    Thanks

    Guest, Nov 6, 2006