    typically alow (typically 6-10 feet, which is not far enough).

    Anybody knows of a solution? Some kind of DECT-based USB key?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Nov 21, 2006

  2. I don't have the answer but I get more than 6-10 feet out of my bt
    headset. It is a Motorola Hxxx series if that helps.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Vincent Delporte

    Martin² Guest

    There are some Skype enabled DECT phones, Olympia is one make I recall.
    If she has got a router with ethernet port then an SIP based VoIP is better
    solution. Just get an ATA and any DECT phone, and it will work without the
    computer being on or even connected.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Nov 22, 2006
  4. Thanks for the pointer. The 6-10 feet thing is what I read in sales
    brochures, hence my looking at a longer-range solution.

    So you got a H500 and the PC850 USB add-on to use Skype wirelessly?
    http://direct.motorola.com/ens/bluetooth/data.html

    Vincent Delporte, Nov 22, 2006
  5. Mmm... So it would look like this: router -> ATA -> DECT base with
    RJ11 -> DECT headset. Looks like an interesting alternative to
    Motorola's ear-plug + USB combo at $99, but it's probably more
    expensive too.

    Vincent Delporte, Nov 22, 2006
  6. Vincent Delporte

    Martin² Guest

    Vincent:
    Shouldn't be, Linksys PAP2 (unlocked) and cheap(ish) DECT phone for $99 is I
    think possible.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Nov 23, 2006
  7. I'll take a look. Thanks for the idea.

    Vincent Delporte, Nov 23, 2006
  8. Vincent Delporte

    Dmitri Guest

    There was a similar thread here not long ago. See if you can get any
    additional ideas from there.

    http://forums.cabling-design.com/Re-cordlesswireless-headset-recommendations-article7562-32.htm

    --

    Best Regards,
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD

    Dmitri, Dec 1, 2006
  9. Thanks. Looks like the $50 + $50 solution to get a Bluetooth USB key +
    earset doesn't work too well, and I should get a $300 dollar solution
    from Plantronics instead.

    Vincent Delporte, Dec 1, 2006