    me that LinkSys doesn't provide any drivers for x64...)

    Regards,
    Eric Mader

    Eric Mader, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 8, 2005

  3. Eric Mader

    Eric Mader Guest

    I don't have *any* card yet, so I can get any card that will work. One
    complication is that I also have Fedora FC4 installed on the machine, so
    I need a card that will work with both systems.

    Regards,
    Eric

    Eric Mader, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 8, 2005
  5. Eric Mader

    DKI Guest

    I do know that there is a program called ndiswrapper (think thats how its
    spelt) that will use the allow broadcom based cards to use the windows
    driver in liunx and does need some configuring.

    As for linux native support i do not know which cards are supported but
    there are some. but on X64 i know only ralink, realtek and broadcom based
    are supported if there are any others i missed others can fill in those i
    missed or do not know about.

    DKI, Dec 8, 2005
  6. I think 3COM also.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 8, 2005
  7. Eric Mader

    Eric Mader Guest

    Thanks. I've been reading the Fedora forum, and know about ndiswrapper.
    Now that I know that there's a Windows driver, I may be good to go!

    BTW: Does anyone know if the non-SpeedBoost version of the LinkSys card
    (WMP54G) will also work w/ the x64 driver? (It's a bit cheaper than the
    SpeedBoost one, and I can't use that feature anyhow...)

    Eric

    Eric Mader, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Eric Mader

    DKI Guest

    Just did a search it use to be broadcom only at first from what i know but
    now it does seem to support more like realtek and so on.

    DKI, Dec 9, 2005
  9. Eric Mader

    Eric Mader Guest

    According to:

    http://www.3dvelocity.com/articles/win64compatibility/win64hardlist.htm

    There are two versions of the WMP54GS, version 1.0 and version 1.1.
    Version 1.0 *is* compatible, and version 1.1 *isn't*! As luck would have
    it, the card I just bought is version 1.1, and indeed it does not work.

    One behavior I don't quite understand: When I first brought the system
    up w/ the card installed, it ran the new hardware wizard and failed to
    find drivers for the card. Since then, I can't get the system to show me
    any sign that the card is even istalled... If I run the Add Hardware
    control panel and ask it to show me all new hardware, it shows nothing.
    Is this the expected behavior?

    Regards,
    Eric

    Eric Mader, Dec 15, 2005
  10. Eric Mader

    John Barnes Guest

    When you went thru the wizard the first time you left the box checked to not
    show me this again for this hardware. If you want to install it now you can
    do it thru the Device Manager

    John Barnes, Dec 15, 2005
  11. Eric Mader

    Eric Mader Guest

    The device is not visible in the device manager. It does not show up if
    I click on the "Scan for hardware changes" button, or if I select "Show
    hidden devices" in the View menu. Is this expected, or has something
    gone wrong?

    Regards,
    Eric

    Eric Mader, Dec 15, 2005
  12. Eric Mader

    Eric Mader Guest

    Nevermind :)

    I found it listed as "Network Controller" under "Other devices"...

    Regards,
    Eric

    Eric Mader, Dec 15, 2005