    Bill Guest

    I am just starting to look at possibly going wireless and was wondering which
    broadband router is better for security and transmitting distance?

    Bill, May 27, 2008

  2. Bill

    Barb Bowman Guest

    there are lots of good ones out there. everyone makes a good,
    better, best wireless router. $$ vary according to features. all
    current products should offer WPA2 security and a SPI firewall. I
    don't think that you will find a huge variance in distance either.

    For a G router, I like the D-Link DGL4300. for N, I like the DLink
    DGL 4500. I've got the equivalent Netgear versions here as well and
    they are just as good in terms of distance and security, but I like
    the user interface on DLink..

    $On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:11:07 -0700, Bill
    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, May 28, 2008

  3. Bill

    Nobody Guest

    I just got a Netgear for using the G stuff, pretty cheap and good coverage
    in our house.

    Nobody, May 28, 2008