    live in an area that has poor cellphone coverage and am considering buying
    one of these but the cost and the cost of installation make me hesitant
    unless I know they work.

    DZN, Nov 21, 2006

  2. DZN

    Meat Plow Guest

    They work if you want to spend that kind of money.

    Meat Plow, Nov 21, 2006

  3. DZN

    richard Guest

    An amplifier is probably your better choice. To install a repeater would
    require all kinds of licensing not only from the FCC, but the service
    provider as well.
    External antennas will help acquire a signal when in a fringe area.

    richard, Nov 21, 2006
  4. DZN

    JohnD Guest

    Cellphone amplifiers, extenders and repeaters are terms use
    interchangably, but usually refer to bi-directional amplifiers. Unti
    recently, there were few choices for the home user. There are a fe
    new products available now that are more affordablea and can b
    self-installed. One I found that works well is by a company Wi-Ex (i
    must be short for Wireless Extenders). I found it on the Internet an
    bought one to help my indoor reception at home. It works very wel
    with my T-Mobile phone and was easy to install. By the way, it help
    both my voice and data calls. The cell companies fail to point ou
    that their high speed data cards slow down to a crawl with wea
    signals. I can recommend this one

    JohnD, Nov 22, 2006